UPDATE 1Re: st: RE: GLLAMM Seeking tricks to get feasible initialvalues

From   SamL <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserve <[email protected]>
Subject   UPDATE 1Re: st: RE: GLLAMM Seeking tricks to get feasible initialvalues
Date   Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Adrian, that's a good idea.  I just tried it, and all models had
the same result.  That is, the most trimmed model had only the 4 random
effects in it.  The vector of coefficients/variances/covariances that was
produced for starting values was not feasible.  It was basically 4
coefficients (race/sex-specific intercepts in a no-intercept model), 4
values of .5, and 6 values of 0 (for the covariances).

I also added additional independent variables in a few stages, and got the
same result--infeasible starting values.

Still searching for ideas, any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
Sam