st: Re: Will Stata 8 SE work under XP Pro 64-bit?

From   [email protected] (Kevin Turner)
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Will Stata 8 SE work under XP Pro 64-bit?
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:24:33 -0500

Kaleb Michaud <[email protected]> comments:

> Couldn't find this in any of the archives/FAQs and our IT person is trying
> to put this on our new 64-bit machine (rumors say official MS release is in
> late June).
> Just curious if any one else has tried it or if the folks at Stata have
> experience.

Currently, there is no 64bit Stata for Windows. The existing (32bit) Stata for
Windows should run on Windows XP 64bit Edition but will not take advantage of
any specific 64bit improvements. When the 64bit version of Stata for Windows is
released, support for large datasets and other inherent 64bit improvements will
be available.

--Kevin