Re: st: mlogit question

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: mlogit question
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:39:06 -0500

At 03:37 PM 4/19/2004 +0800, Kieran McCaul wrote:
I was just reading through the mlogit section of the reference manual.

On page 514-515 there is a section on setting up a classification table
following a mlogit run.

On page 515 there is a table showing the classification table that was

the commentary on this table states that "There are a substantial number of
misclassifications in both directions, though there are more correctly
classified observations than misclassified observations".

My reading of the table is that 134 out of 616 (21.8%) are correctly

Am I missing something here?

The wording is a little puzzling. Perhaps they are excluding the 388 "ambiguous" cases from the calculations, in which case 134 of the remaining 228 cases are correctly classified.

* For searches and help try: