st: mlogit question

From   Kieran McCaul <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist (E-mail)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mlogit question
Date   Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:37:16 +0800

I was just reading through the mlogit section of the reference manual.

On page 514-515 there is a section on setting up a classification table
following a mlogit run.

On page 515 there is a table showing the classification table that was
generated.

the commentary on this table states that "There are a substantial number of
misclassifications in both directions, though there are more correctly
classified observations than misclassified observations".

My reading of the table is that 134 out of 616 (21.8%) are correctly
classified.

Am I missing something here?

Kieran

Kieran McCaul
Senior Lecturer
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
School of Public Health
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U1987
Perth
Western Australia 6845

email:	[email protected]
phone:	-61-8-9266-7045
fax:		-61-8-9266-2958
mobile:	0403 00 33 82
http://www.curtin.edu.au/curtin/dept/health/

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons
with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious
beliefs. If you are not the  intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either
explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.