st: Re: RE: RE: How to generate preceding dates from a particular date

Subject   st: Re: RE: RE: How to generate preceding dates from a particular date
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:08:20 -0400

if you can get your starting date as a Stata date (perhaps input month day
and year as 3 arguments)  you can then generate the required formatted date
strings like this:

args m d y
local dateanchor=mdy(`m',`d',`y')
forval i=1(1)39 {
local thisweek: di %dNDy (`dateanchor'-7*`i')
insheet using Q:\DS5\BILL.WE`thisweek'.csv, comma clear
etc...

}

The key to this code is using Stata's date formatting and the -local : di-
construct.

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]