st: Predicting with time varying covariates

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Predicting with time varying covariates
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:03:13 -0400

Hi,

I am working on a Survival Analysis model (under the lognormal distribution)
for which I am trying to predict the mean duration while testing for some X (a
policy variable which is binary) that affects it. The "predict" command in the
manual shows me how I can achieve this with time constant variables. But in my
model, the policy variables change over time and I also have demographic
variables that affect the duration which change over time.

How do I predict the mean duration for spells when I have time-varying
covariates?

Thanks,
Deepa.