st: Are there any date with time of day functions?

From   "Pauline Rogers" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Are there any date with time of day functions?
Date   Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:33:24 +0100

Dear All,

I have just been given a dataset which contains variables which give the
current date and time i.e. 29.10.1998:15:04.

I have just searched for any functions that deal with this type of data
without success (apart from the date functions within Stata).

I know I can pick out elements from the variables and then manipulate them
myself but before I re-invent the wheel does anyone know of any functions
that will help?  I need to extract just the date or just the time; calculate
intervals between two time points (which could be on different days); etc.
etc.

Thank you

Pauline