st: statsby and xtreg

From   "Jesper B. Sorensen" <>
Subject   st: statsby and xtreg
Date   Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:50:35 -0400

I want to use statsby to collect coefficient estimates from xtreg, fe, but it fails. As far as I can determine this is because statsby, buidling on statsbyfast, uses
-in- instead of -if - to select the by groups. -xtreg- does not allow the use of -in-

I gather that the current version of statsby use -in- because it is faster in most cases ( But I do not see an option in the help for statsby to override the use of in and force the use of if. Or am I missing something?

Jesper B. Sørensen
Richard S. Leghorn (1939) Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Sloan School of Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA 02142
(617) 253 7945 -- voice