st: Simulation

From   Leonelo Bautista <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Simulation
Date   Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:05:35 -0500

I'm trying to obtain 95% confidence intervals and standard errors from
the following quantity (Y):

Y= (A x B)/K

Where, A is the mean of a continuous variable; B is an odds ratio; and K
is a constant. A and B are calculated from published reports, and I can
only obtain their standard error (SE) from the reported 95% confidence
interval. Therefore, I have A and SE(A), B and SE(B), and K.

I've checked the "simulate" command, but I'm not savvy enough to write a
do file to accomplish this task. Any help or suggestion would be
appreciated.

Leonelo E. Bautista, MD, DrPH
Assistant Professor
University of Wisconsin Medical School