st: svylogit question / with a hypothetical

From   "David J. Bernstein" <>
Subject   st: svylogit question / with a hypothetical
Date   Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:04:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I have a svylogit question.

Here is my hypothetical:

Out of 20,000 patients I have a survey sample of 1000.
 In this sample I have weights that represent the
racial mix of the complete population.

Here is the program:

svyset [pweight=weight], psu(ssn) strata(hospital)

svylogit recovered race age _Iyear*   (year dummies)

Now if I decide to drop the hosiptals that have
complete failure (i.e. recovered=0 for all)
does re-running the svylogit still yield valid
results?  In other words, do I have a weighting
problem from dropping, say, 50 observations because
they are from hospitals that had 0 recovery?  By doing
this I eliminate stratid's with 1 observation (and
crashing my run).

What do you guys think?

Do you Yahoo!?