st: RE: mode

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mode
Date   Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:25:54 +0100

This isn't a simple question at all. If your
variable is discrete, two or more values may tie
for mode. If your variable is continuous, how
to define the mode is an open issue. Nevertheless,
-search mode- points to an -egen- function =mode()-
and a user-written command -modes-. From your question
the first may be closer to what you want.

The Statalist FAQ contains advice on using -search-
and other facilities.

peter harper