st: -for- versus -for each- again

From   Ian Watson <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: -for- versus -for each- again
Date   Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:17:18 +1000

I should add to my earlier posting, that I realise one can have a -for
each- loop nested inside another -for each- loop, but I hope that is
not the answer to my query. If so, it means several lines of code
instead of just one.

And, if one fully exploits -for- (with a third placeholder Z), then it
would mean even more lines of code in -for each- to replicate this

Kind regards,

Ian Watson
Senior Researcher
University of Sydney