Re: st: RE: "estimates table" output in Latex

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: "estimates table" output in Latex
Date   Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:41:39 +0100

At 12:00 07/04/04 -0600, Chris Auld wrote (in reply to Patrick McLeod):
Patrick,

Thanks for that.  The ouput is produces tables with models
listed by rows rather than by columns, and is a little
rough, and there doesn't appear to be a way to include
e() and r() data.

The reason I asked the question is I am considering attempting
to modify the .ado which implements "est table" to write
Latex.  I am not much of a Stata programmer so this may be a
fairly difficult task for me.  If anyone could help or offer
suggestions that'd be much appreciated.
The output would be less rough if the -format()- option of -parmby- had been used to assign nice formats to the estimates, confidence limits and P-values. You can include e() results using the -evec()-, -emac()- and -escal()- options of -parmby-. And the -listtex- package in Stata 8 has -headline()- and -footline()- options, which allow the user to add parts of a LaTeX tabular environment before and after the table rows.

In general, you can do everything to -parmest- output data sets that you can do to other Stata data sets, including merging in new observations and/or variables using -merge-, and transposing the data using -spose-. You can then produce presentation-ready plots, or publication-ready tables, or both.

You might like to refer to my Stata journal article on post-parmest processing (Newson, 2003), which can be downloaded from my website (see below), using either a browser or the Stata -net- command, or by simply typing

findit enduser

in Stata.

I hope this helps.

Roger