st: Using File DSNs with -odbc-

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Using File DSNs with -odbc-
Date   Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:47:38 +0900

Does anyone know whether Stata's -odbc- commands can be used with *file*
DSNs?  I cannot seem to get -odbc list- to see a file DSN even though it's
listed in the File DSN tab in the Windows OS's Control Panel's ODBC Data
Sources.  Does Stata only see DSNs that are stored in the registry?

I've checked the Stata reference manual, searched the Statalist archives,
and googled for Stata file DSN ODBC.

Joseph Coveney