st: XTIVREG

From   Giorgio Ricchiuti <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: XTIVREG
Date   Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:30:19 +0200

Dear all,

I've been applying a panel gravity model of this kind:

xtreg trade gdp pop rer, fe

with an obvious simultaneous bias. GDP and POP are my endogenous variables and I'd like to instrument them with their lags. Hence, I think that my command has to be

xtivreg trade rer (gdp pop = L.gdp L.pop),fe

is it correct? how does it work? Are you sure that I've been instrumenting GDP with L.GDP and POP with L.POP?
thanks a lot
Giorgio