Re: st: Re: OS memory availability

From   David Kantor <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: OS memory availability
Date   Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:02:13 -0500

Kevin Turner wrote:

However, if you want to dynamically find the amount of physical memory (like
David was asking) you can get this value using a DOS command.

From Stata:

. shell systeminfo /FO CSV > systeminfo.csv
. insheet using systeminfo.csv, comma

This imports a dataset with various system specifications. The first
observation contains all the variable names and the second observation contains
their values. Get the values you want and then clear the dataset.
What is systeminfo ? I don't seem to have it in my system (Win 2000 Prof). Is supposed to be there, or is it an extra, or is part of some other system (XP?) ?

-- David

David Kantor
Institute for Policy Studies
Johns Hopkins University