st: RE: duplicated schemes

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: duplicated schemes
Date   Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:19:52 +0100

I can't answer all these questions, but broadly
I guess this is just like the situation with .ado files.
By this stage in the release cycle many schemes
will have been revised in minor or even major
ways, so that you have one copy in what -sysdir-
calls BASE and one copy in what it calls UPDATES.

As far as I can see, your only problem is this one,
that some schemes are listed twice here. Stata makes
sure it works with the latest version of a scheme,
unless you do something odd like change to a directory
containing the old one.

Roger Harbord