st: Modelling Economic Growth (Panel Data)

From   "Sukhdev Kumar" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Modelling Economic Growth (Panel Data)
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:48:01 +0100

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Stata and have just bought it. I've got panel data for 66
countries for the time periods 1999 and 2001. I want to run a simple panel
data regression to look at the link between aids and economic growth.

GDP Growth = Constant + Aids Mortality + Literacy Rate + Productivity Growth
+ Population Growth

I have all the data (with just a few observations missing) but I have no
idea how to do panel data analysis in Stata. I've pasted the data from excel
to Stata and that's about all! I want to know how to run the basic
regression, how to make sure that stata knows i have panel data, and how to
run some of the basic tests associated with panel data. Could anybody please

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (