st: RE: mfx and outreg

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: mfx and outreg
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:03:11 +0100

As I understand it, -mfx- was introduced as an official
Stata command in Stata 7, while -outreg- is a user-written
command written for Stata 6 and essentially frozen indefinitely
at its last version (namely 3.1.7  13may02). I have the
strong impression that its author is no longer maintaining it,
although absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I would therefore guess, on this and other grounds,
that there is no way that -outreg- can process whatever
is left behind by -mfx-. Refutations welcome.

For formatting problems, I generally find it easiest
to work out an ad hoc program than to work
out how to use someone's formatting program, but others
(I hope) will have more positive suggestions for you.

Ed Levitas