st: -kdensity, normal normopts(lpattern(dash))- ?

Subject   st: -kdensity, normal normopts(lpattern(dash))- ?
Date   Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:54:08 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

What is the equivalent correct syntax for something like
-normopts(lpattern(dash))- in the -kdensity- command? I wish to superimpose a
normal density over a kernel estimator, but I need the normal curve to be
dashed or dotted and not as thick as the line of the kernel.

Here is part of the (incorrect) command:
-kdensity var, parzen lwidth(thick) normal normopts(lpattern(dash)

Note that I will like the kernel line to be -lwidth(thick)- and the normal
density line to be -lpattern(dash) lwidth(medium)-.

Please, correct my syntax,
many thanks in advance
Dimitris Christodoulou

This mail sent through