st: RE: marginal effects

From   "Alexander Tsai" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: marginal effects
Date   Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:34:08 -0500

I don't know about version 6.0, but in version 8.0 you can use -mfx
compute- and specify the at() option. This allows you to evaluate the
margnal effects at the means / medians / zeros, or you can specify
particular values.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of R Dorsey
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 9:21 AM
Subject: st: marginal effects

Dear All

I'm trying to get marginal effects for a variable from a probit model,
but I want them calculated for values other than the variaable mean.

Having searched the stata archive I have seen mention of  a command
'dprobit2' which allows specification of the x variable at any value

However, my version (stata 6.0) will not handle this command.

Is this an ado file and if so how do I get hold of it so I can use this

many thanks.

Ron Dorsey