st: Follow-up to "how to graph vertical bars on scatter plot"

From   mganz <[email protected]>
To   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Follow-up to "how to graph vertical bars on scatter plot"
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:38:04 -0500

Thanks for your suggestions.
It seems that adding the xline option kid of work.  It would be nice if I
could control the height of those lines.  Any suggestions?

Another option is using the "dropline" option -- but only if I can control
exactly from which points the lines drop down.  Again, any help anyone?

Thanks!

>===== Original Message From "Nick Cox" <[email protected]> =====
>You may need to combine -twoway scatter- and -twoway rcap-.
>
>See also answer(s) to the posting by Ward Hagar.
>
>Nick
>[email protected]
>
>mganz
>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction:
>> I have a data on a probability mass function that I can graph
>> as scatterplot.
>> Suppose I want to draw 2 vertical bars (representing some
>> confidence interval)
>> such that the bars reach from the x axis to the curve.  Any
>> suggestions?
>
>*
>*   For searches and help try:
>*   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html

Michael Ganz, MS, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Society, Human Development and Health
Harvard School of Public Health
[email protected]
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/faculty/ganz
Ph. 617-432-2382