Re: A simpler count question Re: st: RE: Re: Counts of differentvalues in one variable by another variable

From   Edwin Leuven <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: A simpler count question Re: st: RE: Re: Counts of differentvalues in one variable by another variable
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:24:47 +0100 (CET)

one way is

sort x
count if x!=x[_n-1]