RE: st: Urgent: Saving Coefficient

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Urgent: Saving Coefficient
Date   Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:36:16 -0000

(Apologies for previous premature post.)

You could identify the problematic
observations upstream and ignore
them systematically. Also the -regress-
must be on subsets for this to make sense.

use data
gen coeff = .
egen nmiss = rmiss(gdp year)
encode countrycode if nmiss == 0, gen(id)
su id, meanonly

qui forval i = 1/`r(max)' {
	reg gdp year if id == `i'
	replace coeff=_b[year] if id == `i'