st: automatic coding

From   "Patrick Sturgis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: automatic coding
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:51:12 -0000

I would like to be able to produce a variable, or set of dummy variables
whose values represent every cell of a multi-way table. E.g. if I have
sex*class*educational level, I would automatically obtain a variable (or
series of dummies) with values corresponding to every possible combination
of values on these three variables. Is this possible in stata? Thanks

Patrick Sturgis
University of Surrey