st: limits on value labels?

From   "Shinogle, Judy" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: limits on value labels?
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:23:23 -0500

I am working on writing a general program to allow people to input a national database ascii file into Stata.
I have converted the available SAS documentation into Stata language but the program appears to stop after certain amount of lines ---- error 198.
I have been able to take the sas file and transfer it using Stat-Transfer.  I even saved the do program to accomplish this conversion but again when I ran the program separately -- it had the same error.
I am curious as this database has many value labels ~ 200 with one variable--- could that be the problem?
Any other ideas?
The data set is about 35,000 obs with 100 variables