st: cross-classified random effects

From   "Do, Phoenix" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: cross-classified random effects
Date   Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:42:05 -0800

I am trying to model risk behaviors for IDUs. Since my data is hierarchical in nature, I want to apply a multilevel model using gllamm.

My dataset consists of an unbalanced panel in which some
people are observed only once while others are observed 2 to
10 times. We want to account for "neighborhood"
characteristics so we have neighborhood level variables in
our model. So level 1 would be the individual level time
series data. Level 2 would be person level. Level 3 would be
the neighborhood.

However, these people move and are not necessarily in the
same neighborhood throughout our study.

I believe what I need to do is use a crossed random effects

Can you do this in gllaam? And if so, how? I haven't been able to find any reference to this in the manual.

Thank you for any help you can offer,