st: marginal effect in random effect logit model

From   "Pallab Mozumder" <>
Subject   st: marginal effect in random effect logit model
Date   Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:00:08 +0000

Hi Listers,
I am running a simple random effect logit model with 3 independent variable [2 of them are dummy variables (with 0 and 1) and the other one is continuous variable]. When I try to compute the marginal effets at the mean level (with "mfx compute"), i get the same value of (dy/dx), st. error and significance level as I got for the coefficients of the original random effect model. It looks a little odd to me. Can anybody tell me what's wrong I am doing and how to do it correctly.

Thank you in advance.

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms all in one place at MSN Money!

* For searches and help try: