st: RE: Which and return list

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Which and return list
Date   Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:15:19 -0000

I've never wanted to do this. It's adoable, by e.g.
using -file- to process the file identified by -which-.

I've encountered many programs with no *! lines
and a few with several. After all, programmers are
only advised to include such lines, so many, especially
less experienced programmers, don't do it; while occasionally
programmers want to exploit the fact that -which- echoes
such lines.