st: repeated values of a variable

From   "Judet Roqueta" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: repeated values of a variable
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:59:55 -0500

Is there a way to have Stata identify observations that have equivalent
values for a given variable?  Speficically, I want to trim my dataset to
individuals that live in the same household using a household id
variable.  I want to get rid of those that live alone.  I tried using
the egen tag and egen group commands, but that did not help.