st: RE: Solution to -install- problems

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Solution to -install- problems
Date   Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:37:18 -0000

If you typed

. ssc copy mypkg

you would indeed get an error. There is no
file -mypkg- on SSC.

. ssc desc mypkg

tells you that there are two files mypkg.ado
and mypkg.hlp in the packages. Thus you

. ssc copy mypkg.ado
. ssc copy mypkg.hlp

Thus you should, as below, type the filename.

That said, it is usually much better to use
-ssc inst-, as you are now able to do.

(e.g., trying to
-ssc copy mypkg- produced an odd error saying that the
package could not
be located at SSC!)