st: dropping variables

From   "Eric Uslaner" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: dropping variables
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:30:25 -0500

I know of Nick Cox's great dropmiss program.  I want to do something
akin to it (without having to drop each variable individually).  Say
that a data set has N cases and I want to drop variables that have fewer
than n nonmissing cases.  Theoretically I could generate new variables
through count, but my data set is already close to the maximum allowed
without upgrading to SE (which is why I want to drop some variables).
Is there a way to do this:

drop if _N < n

or something similar?

Thanks much,