st: Please update user-written program -margin-!

From   "Tamas Bartus (tbartus)" <>
Subject   st: Please update user-written program -margin-!
Date   Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:10:49 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

The comments of some of you made me realize that my program -margin-
does not produce correct marginal effects anymore. I am glad to tell
to interested users that the problem seems to be solved.

A new version - 15 March 2004 - is now available. To obtain it,
visit the website
or type
        net from
        net install margin

There are two important new features:
- margin.ado was updated to version 8 - earlier versions are not supported
- the help file is updated to smcl format

I strongly recommend that users who estimated marginal effects with my
margin after Stata was updated to version 8.2 check/replicate their earlier
analyses with this new version.

I look forwards for comments or bug reports with the new version.

Best wishes,

Tamas Bartus, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Policy
Budapest University of Economic Sciences and Public Administration
1093 Budapest, Fovam ter 8.
Phone: +36-1-217-51-72        Fax:   +36-1-217-44-82