st: How do I get rid of that line beneath my axes?

From   Ernest Berkhout <>
Subject   st: How do I get rid of that line beneath my axes?
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:55:42 +0100

Hi all,

I studied the graphics manual for hours but i still can't find that annoying small option to be turned off, so before turning completely mad i might better first ask the Statalist... :-)

I have a barchart, that is actually multiple barcharts because i use the 'by'-option, graphed with the economist-style sheet. I get nice white horizontal gridlines, ranging from -1 to 3. But below the lowest gridline is another _black_ horizontal line that i want to disappear.

As i understand it right, this must be at the bottom of the outer plot-region? But it won't disappear if i specify
"plotregion( lwidth(none) )"
either inside or outside the "by()"-construct. What am i missing??

(BTW: i use Stata 8.2 uptodate)

Ernest Berkhout
Stichting voor Economisch Onderzoek
Universiteit van Amsterdam

Kamer 3.08
Roetersstraat 29
1018 WB Amsterdam

tel.:+ 31 20 525 1630
fax:+ 31 20 525 1686
"To an economist, real life is a special case"

* For searches and help try: