st: RE: Re: Trouble with " if"

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Trouble with " if"
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:23:15 -0000

An answer is that Stata has no idea of what is
sensible, misleading, silly, etc. or generally any idea
of meaning or semantics.

It only has rules of syntax. What you wrote is
legal syntax, but not what you mean, given order
of evaluation rules in particular.