st: random effects using longitudinal data from a multistage survey

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: random effects using longitudinal data from a multistage survey
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:42:46 -0600

Hi All,

I have three waves of data from a multistage survey; the survey respondents
are the same for all three waves.  I'd like to use random effects to model
repeated measurements at the level of respondents and at the same time take
into consideration the multistage sampling design. The dependent variable is
binary. It seems that the svy commands deal with complex survey design and
xtlogit runs random effects models. But I'm not sure how to figure in survey
design in random effects models. Has anyone been in similar situation? I'd
appreciate any suggestion or references. Thanks!

Lei