st: GLM with a Log link

From   "Puneet K Singhal" <>
Subject   st: GLM with a Log link
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:21:34 -0500

I'm predicting health care expenditures as a function of health status.
Since the ependiture data are rightly skewed I am using the generalized
liniear model (GLM) with a Log link.  My question is: can I transform the
coefficients on my regressors into actual dollars?  Meaning, can I say that a
poor health status cost so many dollars more compared to a good health
status?  Pl., advise.

Puneet K Singhal, M.S.
Doctoral Candidate
Pharmaceutical Health Services Research Program
University of Maryland
Baltimore, MD-21201
Phone: 410-706-1805
Fax: 410-706-1488