RE: st: k-step Markov

From   "SJ Friederich, Economics" <>
Subject   RE: st: k-step Markov
Date   Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:06:03 -0000

Dear all,

Re. my request below, and in case someone else on the List is interested, I realise from the code in xttrans.ado that a one-step Markov analysis involves little more in principle than something like:

. tab var F.var, row nof [nok]

Extending this to k-steps is therefore straightforward.

In practice, -tab- doesn't like TS operators, so one needs to create a separate variable. One also needs to take the panel dimension of the data into account (i.e. not use the last obs of a unit and the first one of the next unit, etc.) In principle, there is also the "missing time periods" issue discussed on p. 230 of [xt].