st: RE: are box plots limited to one y variable?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: are box plots limited to one y variable?
Date   Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:22:09 -0000

The answer to the question above is No.

Getting quite you want is a different matter.

I guess you may need some ad hoc scaling upstream
of graphing to get it. e.g. find constants a and
b such that

a  + b log y

covers the same range as y.

In addition,

graph7 y y , xlog oneway twoway box by(category)

is not what you want, but quite interesting.