st: RE: superimpose 45 degree line in -scatter-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: superimpose 45 degree line in -scatter-
Date   Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:26:51 -0000

A line at an angle theta from the horizontal
has an equation like y = x tan(theta) and can be superimposed
by using -twoway function-. You need to work with radian
measure.

e.g scatter response predictor || function y = x, ra(predictor)

scatter response predictor || function y = x * tan(_pi / 6), ra(predictor)

There is no direct support for polar coordinates in official
Stata. Some user-written programs exist for circular statistics,
as -findit- makes clear.