Re: st: Stata 8 files in Stata 7

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 8 files in Stata 7
Date   Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:18:10 -0500

At 03:35 PM 3/4/2004 -0500, Kakatua Kutta wrote:
Thanks Richard for your reply. Could you please elaborate a little more on "get stat/transfer"? I do not have access to Stata 8. So the second solution is probably the only way to go.
I think the pricing you get depends on various things, e.g. are you corporate, educational, does your school have a plan set up with Stata, etc. You can wade through various options at

Or, go straight to

I got my copy for $52, I believe, and I ordered from Stata using this link:

It looks like a worst case scenario might be $249:

If that is the best you can do, maybe you'd be better off using your money to get Stata 8!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu