st: Urgent question: restoring data

From   "kihong eom" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Urgent question: restoring data
Date   Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:50:14 -0500

Dear colleagues:
Accidently, I overwrite exiting data while I am working on right now like
five minutes ago.
Anybody knows how I can restore data set to previous setting?

Kihong Eom, Ph.D.
1651 Patterson Office Tower
Lexington, KY, 40506
Office: 859-257-6958

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: 2004년 2월 25일 수요일 오전 6:28
Subject: Re: st: mmerge problem

At 04:06 PM 2/25/2004 +1100, you wrote:
>Dear Statalisters
>I have previously used the Stata Bulletin programme match merging
>without problems (STB-53  dm75    Safe and easy matched merging J.
>Weesie). Now when I try to use it I get an error message:
>mmerge id using hplc, type(1:1)
>too many variables specified
>  I wonder whether it could be because I have (I think) upgraded from
>stata 7 to 8 since I last used it. Has anyone else struck this problem
>or knows how to fix it? I realise i could use the official merge
>command but I quite liked the mmerge version.

I notice there is a newer version (2.5) of this program than that which was
originally published.  You might try -findit mmerge-, download the latest
if you don't already have it, and see if that solves your problem.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu