st: RE: Question with file write

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Question with file write
Date   Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:38:21 -0000

I may be missing details here, but I doubt
you need -file-.

It's not clear if these genotypes are
held as strings or as numbers with value labels.

Let's skirt round that.

If the genotypes are the same then -gene2- to -gene4-
are all equal to -gene1-, but not otherwise.

Thus

gen different = 0
forval j = 2/4 {
	replace different = different + (gene`j' == gene1)
}
outfile study_id gene? if different

Richard Aplenc