st: RE: Re: RE: Re: -hpfilter- question

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: RE: Re: -hpfilter- question
Date   Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:15:24 -0000

Sorry, Giorgio: I can't see your data from here
to experiment. Nor am I an expert on that program.

But I do know that -hpfilter- is full of bizarre
things. Some interest was shown a while ago
in rewriting it, but I'm not sure what became of
that. Possibly good intentions were not enough,
and the project was swamped by other things.

Giorgio Ricchiuti

> I tried to use your programma and at the beginning I thought
> it was ok.
> However, I've found out that there are some countries for
> which the programm
> does not work, they present just missing values. Do you know
> why? is it tsset?

Nick Cox