st: Bug follow up: -window menu append item-

From (Alan Riley)
Subject   st: Bug follow up: -window menu append item-
Date   Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:27:09 -0600

Renzo Comolli ( asked about including quotes
in a -window menu- item action:
> I now upgraded to Windows XP but the original bug is still there.
> . window menu append submenu "stUser" "DoEdit"
> . window menu append item "DoEdit" "My Dissertation" `"doedit "C:/Documents
> and Settings/Renzo Comolli/My Documents/Here/my""'
> Still gives the following error message when you click on the menue
> . invalid 'and'
> r(198);

In the current executable, quotes are being stripped from the
item action.  Thus, Stata sees only

   doedit C:/Documents and Settings/Renzo Comolli/My Documents/ ...

when the menu item is selected.

We have fixed this in our code here at Stata, and it will be
available the next time an executable update is released.