Re: st: quick question

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: quick question
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:17:06 -0500

If you have downloaded -renvars- use that -- if not, download it and
just go -renvars, lower-

Rich

Marcello Pagano wrote:

Can you look at letter by letter and look at the ASCII representation, noting that capital letters go from 101 to 132 (octal) and the lower case from 141 to 172 with the respective pairs (upper, lower) being exactly 40 apart?

m.p.

Lachenbruch, Peter wrote:

I have a data set that I got with some oddball names like PyrexIA or
CuTaneousDA, etc. and I'd like to rename everything so all characters were
lowercase. Is there an easy way to do this via a foreach loop and a simple
command, or do I have to rename PyrexIA pyrexia
rename CuTaneousDA cutaneousda

I looked at the lower function but that seems to operate on variables rather
than names.

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Director, Division of Biostatistics, OBE/CBER
Tel: (301) 827-3320
FAX: (301) 827-5218

*
* For searches and help try: