Re: st: quick question

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: quick question
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:46:26 -0500

At 04:37 PM 2/25/2004 -0500, you wrote:
I have a data set that I got with some oddball names like PyrexIA or
CuTaneousDA, etc. and I'd like to rename everything so all characters were
lowercase.  Is there an easy way to do this via a foreach loop and a simple
command, or do I have to
rename PyrexIA pyrexia
rename CuTaneousDA cutaneousda

I looked at the lower function but that seems to operate on variables rather
than names.
-findit renvars-

There are a couple of versions; choose the dm88 version by both Cox and Weesie. Then do something like

renvars PyrexIA CuTaneousDA, lower

* For searches and help try: