st: quick question

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <>
To   "statalist (E-mail)" <>
Subject   st: quick question
Date   Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:37:27 -0500

I have a data set that I got with some oddball names like PyrexIA or
CuTaneousDA, etc. and I'd like to rename everything so all characters were
lowercase.  Is there an easy way to do this via a foreach loop and a simple
command, or do I have to
rename PyrexIA pyrexia
rename CuTaneousDA cutaneousda

I looked at the lower function but that seems to operate on variables rather
than names.

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Director, Division of Biostatistics, OBE/CBER
Tel: (301) 827-3320
FAX: (301) 827-5218