st: re: intraclass correlations

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: intraclass correlations
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:13:47 -0600

I answered my first question after noticing a stupid error on my part:

-snip-

anova `depvar'  `A' `B' `A'*`B'
test `A'
local MSA=r(ss)/r(df)
display `MSA'
local MSE=r(rss)/r(df_r)
display `MSE'
-snip-

Here May has picked up MSE from the test of A. Should she not have picked up MSE immediately after the anova command via the ereturn list?

The answer is "No, what she did is fine." She picked up the residual MSE, because test was over the residual. I was mistakenly comparing a test command that did not use the residual MSE.

Still clueless about the other question.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/