Re: st: merge

From   "Dev Vencappa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: merge
Date   Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:08:19 +0000

>>> [email protected] 02/20/04 02:43pm >>>
Dear Stata users,

I am trying to merge two datasets with 5 unique
identifyers. The master dataset has 1396 obs, and the
using one has 8675.

 merge  prov cd cu dwg month using
"C:\PNG96\Data\hh-merged.dta"
1) when i use the option unique i get
variables prov cd cu dwg month do not uniquely
identify observations in the using data

I have sorted them, and cann't figure out what how to
go abt it.

Thanks,
Anuja

 Hi,
 I am not very comfortable with the merge command, but did you try the joinby command ?You don't need to sort your data when you use joinby. You might try this until somebody gives you an answer to your merge question.

Dev

=====
WE ARE ALL IN THE GUTTER,SOME OF US LOOK AT THE STARS.